Minecraft 1.20 was announced on Minecraft Live 2022 — a new major game update. Camels, Sniffer, new signs, rafts and much more! tyle="background-color: #ffff00;">The article will be updated.
- New skins
Steve and Alex have been the only official vanilla skins for a long time. Developers will add 7 new skins.
So far, two mobs have been announced.
- A mount
- Inhabits the Desert
- Eats cacti
- You can ride together
- Can be propagated
- Jumps over ravines and rivers
- Won on Minecraft Live 2022
- Ancient creature
- Hatches from eggs
- Eggs appear in the chests of Underwater Ruins
- Looking for Ancient seeds
- A new type of boat
- Can be crafted with bamboo planks
- Can be used to craft a chest variant
The update will bring new blocks to the game.
- 10 variants
- Can be hung
- Works like a regular sign
- Can store up to six books
- Enchanted books, or Books and Quills
- Works with Redstone
- Created from bamboo
- Used for crafting:
- slabs, stairs, fences, fence gates, pressure plates, signs, buttons, doors, rafts and trapdoors
- Can be crafted from Bamboo Planks
- Decor block
Some items have been announced.
- The Sniffer gets them
- You can plant and grow a plant
The first betas and snapshots will start coming out soon. The update will be released in 2023.
The developers together with the players will choose the name closer to the release of the update.
The developers announced only what is already ready for implementation. The rest of the content will appear gradually.