How to install Minecraft maps?
If you have downloaded a map for Minecraft and don't know how to install it, then in this guide, we will explain the process of installing maps in different extensions.
Installing .mcworld extension:
- Download the map file in .mcworld extension.
- Open the file manager and go to the "Downloads" folder.
- Tap on the map file to launch the game and start the installation.
- Wait for the map to be imported and find it in the list of worlds!
Installing .mctemplate extension:
- On any device, tap on the file to launch the game and start the world template installation process.
- Proceed to create a new world and in the template window, find the imported world template. Tap on it to create a world with it.
Installing .zip extension:
- For Android: In the game settings, set the storage to "External" and extract the map folder from the archive to /games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds/.
- For iOS: Rename the map file from .zip to .mcworld and tap on the file to start the map installation process.
- For Windows 10/11: Extract the map folder to %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds.
If you have any difficulties or questions, feel free to leave a comment, and we will be happy to help!