In hives, as well as among bee nests, you can meet striped and flying mobs. The bee is a neutral mob in the Minecraft game that animates biomes with its presence and performs a certain role in the production of honey.
Let's take a look at all the unique features of Bees in Minecraft!
You can meet these wonderful creatures in the wild hives of the following biomes:
- Sunflower plains
- Flower forest
- Birch forest
- Cherry Grove
If an oak or birch that has grown from a seedling will be two blocks away from the flowers, then they can grow with a bee nest.
The following features should be noted in the behavior of bees:
- Bees don't fly high, they collect pollen and pollinate plants
- If the player picks up small flowers, the bees will follow him
- Bees will return to their nests if it rains or night falls
- Aggressive bees are tied by players on a leash without any problems
Pollination has its own distinctive features:
- The mob circles for 30 seconds over the flower, then sits down and collects pollen
- Pollen will change the texture of mobs by adding dots
- Pollen particles will come from bees
- After pollination, the plant gains growth
- The plant can be pollinated ten times, after which the bee returns home and produces honey
- Honey can be collected by a Glass Bottle when it reaches 5 units
- The bee sits on a Honeycomb Block and seems to feed on it
Bees live in hives and nests, and also prefer to live in colonies. It is worth knowing that up to three bees can fit into one nest or hive.
Interesting facts are also:
- Mobs are not tied to their home
- When a bee, having collected pollen, arrives at the dwelling, the nectar level increases by 1 unit
- Bees work without interruption in places such as the Lower World and the Edge
If you provoke bees, they will attack the player in a whole flock, but if they sting, they will die in 50-60 seconds. Aggressive individuals can be immediately recognized by their red eyes.
You should also be careful when collecting honeycombs, as bees will attack if they are inside.
By the way, a great solution would be to collect honey in the nighttime. Or use a campfire, which should be lit directly above the hive or nest.
If two bees are given a flower, then they will begin to love mode to create a baby bee. Repeated breeding is available in 5 minutes, the baby bee grows up in 20 minutes.
Players are waiting for three achievements related to bees:
- Bee our guest. Use a Campfire to collect Honey from a Beehive using a Bottle without aggravating the bees.
- Total Beelocation. Move and place a Bee Nest, with 3 bees inside, using Silk Touch.
- Sticky Situation. Slide down a honey block to slow your fall.